Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellow (Chemical Engineering) at IIT Gandhinagar. The last date of application is 15 September.
About the Project
The Green Catalysis Lab at IIT Gandhinagar, headed by Prof. Abinaya Sampath, is looking for a postdoctoral fellow interested in working on experimental heterogeneous catalysis. The candidate will be involved in nanocatalyst synthesis, characterization, and catalyst testing in the laboratory scale reactor using kinetic and spectroscopic tools.
- Ph.D. (thesis submitted/degree awarded) in Chemical Sciences or related disciplines (full time)
- 3 years of experience in experimental work (including Ph.D.).
- Experience with experimental catalysis, flow reactor set-up, and mass spectrometer highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of wet synthesis techniques for nanomaterials, characterization techniques such as TEM, XRD, EDXRF, and UV-Vis spectroscopy.
- Track record of publications/conference presentations; self-motivated, perseverant person with solid project management and communication skills.
- The candidate shall be required to build a lab-scale flow reactor set-up, work on nanocatalyst synthesis, and measurement of catalytic performance.
- The candidate is expected to be an integral part of setting up a new laboratory space, training new researchers, and working closely with Prof. Abinaya Sampath in learning new experimental techniques.
- Publish high-quality journal articles and attend international conferences; Strictly follow laboratory safety practices.
Initial appointment is for 1 year, extendable up to 1 more year based on performance.
50,000 INR per month + 10,000 INR HRA (No HRA will be paid if the campus housing is availed).
Candidates must email a complete CV (including educational history, list of publications, and experience) with the contact information of two references to Prof. Abinaya Sampath (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Postdoctoral Application”.
15th September 2022.